Our Rewilding Summer Camp program is the absolute best of it's kind! This Camp focuses on connecting children to nature by teaching primitive living skills. This camp also teaches martial arts as a medium for character development and self confidence.
Recent studies document the importance of introducing children to the natural world, beginning in the early years. Their social, emotional, and physical health depends on this exposure to develop. In this summer camp your child will work within nature practicing ancient primitive skills and natural movements. The headquarters and home-base for this summer camp is Eleven Elevation Jiu Jitsu Academy, and this is where the children will be dropped off and picked-up each day. Your child's summer camp is perfectly meshed
Our summer camp uses martial arts to promote Anti-Bullying. Children attending Rewilding summer camp work together, and do various Anti-Bullying workshops with open discussions in groups. They will be working hard to create a better future, by developing a deeper understandings of how bullying affects us all.
July 16-19th Ages 7 -16
How can children care about nature if they haven’t experienced it firsthand?
If we are able to encourage our children to connect with nature, it may affect the way they treat and interact with nature. For example, there is evidence that connection to nature influences one’s intention to participate in nature-based activities in the future and interest in performing environmentally-friendly behaviors.
What do Children do at Rewilding Camp to Reconnect to Nature?
- Daily Nature Walks
- Primitive Friction Fire Methods
- Wild Plant ID/edible wild plants
- Primitive Shelter building
- Primitive pottery from local clay sources
- Basket weaving
- Making Primitive tools like bows and arrows
What can martial arts offer my Child?
- Your child will learn to be more responsible, and take accountability for their actions -not blaming others.
- You’ll see your child develop and enhance their self-confidence, goal setting and leadership skills.
- You’ll see your child develop their physical strength, agility, balance and control which will carry over into anything that they do .
- You'll see your child show more discipline and self-control at home with siblings and other family.
- You’ll see your child learn team work by participating in group activities and “Team Challenges” with their new friends.
- You’ll see your child learn discipline and respect
- Your child’s memory will improve as they are challenged with fun activities that force them to develop their Critical Thinking abilities.
- This specific martial arts training teaches your child the self-discipline and habits needed to study, complete homework and organize their time more wisely — SUCCESS becomes a habit and not a chore!!
What martial art do you teach at Rewilding Camp?
Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Classes – Most efficient martial art style in the world
- Bully Proof Lessons – where your child will learn all the secrets to properly deal with Bullies and the importance of not becoming a bully
- Stranger Danger Lessons – where your child will learn what to do when in a dangerous situation and how to avoid them
- Wrestling Lessons – to sharpen their takedowns for when they need to defend themselves
- Leadership Roles – where your child will learn through teachings and experimenting themselves the important traits to be a great leader
- Circuit Workout Training – Your child will leave our camp every day ready to fall asleep and in the best physical condition
- 52 Character Building Thoughts for your child to be discussed every day in group sessions
- Arts & Crafts – To develop your child’s creativity
- Teamwork Challenges – where we will emphasize the proper attitudes to be a team player, preparing your child for future life events when they will be asked to be part of a team
- Yoga Lessons – Breathing exercises and basic Yoga sets
- Demo Team Classes -Your child will be training to perform in our Grand Finale Demonstration for the Parents: The Grand Finale Demonstration Event
- Trip to the Local Fire Department – where they will learn safety tips straight from the fire fighters, and get to tour their facility
Head Instructor Chad Keel
Chad Keel is a Martial Artist and a Primitive Skills Expert. He first started training Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu in 2006 under Al Garza whose gym was at the Universal Grappling Academy in Victorville. Later, he decided to take Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu to a new level and relocated his life down to San Clemente California to train under 5th degree black belt and multiple World Champion Paulo Guillobel. Guillobel Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Academy is one of the most prestigious schools in the world, and has won best Martial Arts school for the past 4 years. Chad became a children’s instructor at Guillobel Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Academy in 2013 and has held that position since. He completed and attended instructor seminars and workshops throughout those years and has continued to grow as a top children’s martial arts instructor. In Novemeber 2017 he opened his own Jiu Jitsu Academy in Wrightwood named Eleven Elevation. The Jiu Jitsu Academy will be the students base camp for the duration of the summer camp.
Primitive survival started for Chad at a young age. He learned a majority of his primary skills from his father who sparked his fascination with Nature. Always fascinated with “survival”, he would research survival skills in his free time. Later in life, Chad started training with various primitive survival instructors to further develop his skills and knowledge. At the age of 25, he started organizing “Nature Reconnection Classes” in South Orange County, California; the classes focussed on teaching survival skills as an alternative to depression and anxiety medications. The classes turned into a major success prompting him to teach survival skills for the Oxygen Network and film a survival show in August 2016 for the Discovery Channel. In 2017 he trained in the Costa Rican rain forest and was made an Honorary Instructor for the Amazonas Survival School in Costa Rica. In 2018 he filmed another major survival TV show yet to be disclosed, and taught a week long workshop in the Northern most areas of Pakistan. He is the first instructor to ever teach primitive skills in Pakistan. He was also called to teach at numerous schools, and give lectures to their Police Force. He continues to train with various survival instructors across the globe, with the intention of bringing these skills back to his students.